- Nationality: American
- Time Living in Japan: 23 years
- Employer: PowerUp Solutions K.K.
- Current Job Title: Representative Director
- Areas of Expertise: Recruitment
- Languages: English, Spanish, Japanese
- Education: BA Environmental Studies, UC Santa Barbara, Masters of Pacific International Affairs UC San Diego
Favorite Thing About Living in Japan:
Gary Bremermann has lived in Japan for over 20 years and still finds that every single day brings some kind of new discovery. Gary believes this is partly because of living in the huge metropolis of Tokyo, but there’s just so much to see and do throughout the country. Gary feels sure he will never get bored of exploring.
Favorite Place to visit & activity in Japan:
Gary Bremermann enjoys getting out in the countryside. Although he loves the mountains, he’s from a beach town in the US and loves visiting the various beaches and fishing communities around Japan.
Born and raised in San Diego, Gary first came to Japan in 1985 as part of an around-the-world trip. Japan was his last stop and he was here in the Spring season, so was able to experience the cherry blossoms for the first time.
Since then, he was hooked. Gary’s entire career has been focused on Japan, living both here and back in California. For the last 18 years, he has worked in the recruitment of bilingual advertising and marketing professionals.