Time Living in Japan: More than 25 years
Current Job Title: Assistant Professor, Tourism & Business Department
Area(s) of Expertise: Education, Training & Content Creation for Inbound Travel & Sustainable Biz Models
Education: BA Psychology, MA TESL/TEFL, MA Sustainable Tourism
Publications Featured In: GetHiroshima, InboundAmbassador, Travel Websites, Academic Journals
Favorite Thing About Living in Japan: Safety & ease to live a productive & healthy life
BIO: Came to Japan in ’91 and spent 3 years in Kyushu on the JET program, then traveled around Asia and Europe for 2 years. Started teaching Business-English classes at the university level in ’96. Co-founded GetHiroshima in 1999 for international residents. GetHiroshima city tourist map from 2005 and 2014~2018 helped produce a GetHiroshima magazine.
An active volunteer in Japan- organize regular beach-clean-ups in Hiroshima area & volunteer at clean-up activities for the Hiroshima landslides (2014 + 2018). Created an international volunteer guide in English as an orientation for non-Japanese-speaking volunteers.
Recent articles focused on sustainable innovation for inbound tourism can be found on InboundAmbassador.
Recently Published Work
- Disaster Volunteer Tourism - Travel to disaster-affected areas a meaningful Japan experience
- Sustainable Community Development - Interview (podcast) with Akira Sakano at Kamikatsu Zero-Waste Town
- Craft Chocolate Shop Review
- Interview (podcast) with a Bilingual Kid Whisperer, Adam Beck
- Teranishi Kissaten Coffee Shop