Skip to content
- Nationality: American
- Time Living in Japan: 23 years
- Employer: PowerUp Solutions K.K.
- Current Job Title: Representative Director
- Areas of Expertise: Recruitment
- Languages: English, Spanish, Japanese
- Education: BA Environmental Studies, UC Santa Barbara, Masters of Pacific International Affairs UC San Diego
- Favorite Thing About Living in Japan: Having lived in Japan for over 20 years, I still find that every single day brings some kind of new discovery. It’s partly because of living in the huge metropolis of Tokyo, but there’s just so much to see and do throughout the country. I’m sure I’ll never get bored of exploring.
- Favorite Place to visit & activity in Japan: I enjoy getting out in the countryside. Though I love the mountains, I’m from a beach town in the US and I love visiting the various beaches, fishing communities, etc.
- BIO: Born and raised in San Diego, I first came to Japan in 1985 as part of an around-the-world trip. Japan was my last stop and I was here in the Spring season, so I experienced the cherry blossoms for the first time. Since then I was hooked. My entire career has been focused on Japan, living both here and back in California. For the last 18 years, I’ve worked in recruitment of bilingual advertising/marketing professionals.
Copyright 2019 Jarman International KK