This Japan Links page will continue to grow as we build the new Deep Japan site, explore Tsukij in Tokyo where Midas is located, learn more about hot spring therapy at the Enoshima Island Spa, visit clients across Japan with H&R Group, contact renewable energy and smart city related firms with Nikkei BP and network like there is no tomorrow with HRM association and the ACCJ.
Some of Our Favorite Links
- Excellent resource – News on Japan
- Japan news – Japan Today
- Moving to Japan = Expatfinder
- Japan Travel Guide – Japan travel guide with all kinds of travel information and resources. Includes Japan maps, Japan hotels, Japanese popular culture, Japan cities and more.
- Private Himalaya = Trek to Everest base camp
- Sake World – Everything you want to know about sake by John Gauntner, the leading non-Japanese authority on sake.
- eSake.com. Knowledge center and estore to sites selling sake online, plus recipe
and cuisine pairing suggestions for premium Japanese sake, or rice wine.
- Japanese Buddhist Statuary. GODS of Japan, A-to-Z Photo Dictionary of Japanese Buddhism. Descriptions of over 400 deities, 4,000 photos, and over 1,000 pages of information. Updated regularly. Free newsletter.
- Buddhist Artwork. eStore offering hand-carved Buddha Statues, Buddhist Amulets,
and Buddhism Art from Japan, China, and SE Asia.
- Japan Residence Find Serviced Apartments in Nagoya
- Lease Japan Lease vehicles in Japan
- Japan Driver Licence Convert your foreign drivers license to a Japanese license.
- Japan Healthcare Info – Dedicated Healthcare professional staff provide service to help foreigners deal with the Japanese medical system. Excellent Japanese/English dictionary to help with medical/body terminology.
- Shinagawa Bento. bento.com & www.tcvb.or.jp/en/hot/mustsee/
Only five to ten minutes from Bureau Shinagawa, Bureau Takanawa, Bureau
Takanawa 2 and Bureau Takanawadai
Some great blogs from the Japan Blog Directory and more:
Getting Out of the City
Western Tokyo. coasterforce.com (an amazing roller coaster ride)
Nobeyama. www.982097.com. This is where my family and I went for summer vacation. A lovely, Japanese “pension” house in the mountains near Kiosato. If you are looking for a quiet getaway not far from Tokyo, Nobeyama is the place for you.
Joining the Loop and Opportunities to Network
- www.commongrace.org. This is an organization Ruth’s father started called Common Grace. It aims to bring public school children together with mentors from community churches. Jay Jarman found there were churches in Hawaii with public schools right nearby full of children that need some extra love, encouragement and help with studies. While maintaining a careful line between church and state, Common Grace brings generous and helpful adults into the lives of neighborhood children.
Apartments and Offices around the World
- Relocation Apartments: The largest apartment database on the Internet, find apartment’s corporate housing and relocation services world-wide (Ruth recommends this site when searching for apartments around the world.)
- Business Centre Manchester: Whether you need a small executive suite or an entire floor of office space, Avanta’s flexible business centres throughout prime areas of London and the UK provide the solution.
- Serviced Offices in Tokyo – providing comprehensive listings of office space in Tokyo as well as arranging viewings, negotiating the agreement and helping you to get the best deal.
- Japan Residence: Serviced Apartments in Nagoya Nagoya furnished serviced apartments include the comforts of home and the services of a hotel for short or long term stays.